Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Let There Be Light!

I have been cleaning my basement. I am trying to gather the 'no longer needed' {ever} baby gear we acquired last year, in hopes of finding it all a new home. Also, sweeping and getting the storage space for our home canning in shape for the upcoming weeks. Yeah, you know where this is going...I got a little side-tracked. But just a little. It seems I have a smallish collection of unused lamps. While moving and cleaning, I found these two lamps.
Eck. The 'brass' one has been around for nearly 15 years. It has been sitting next to the other lamp, which I [LOVE] because it is so large and heavy, but seemed to 'wash-out' any area I tried to give it a home. So, I stopped sweeping (it IS rather hot today) and dragged them upstairs and right out into the garage. Luckily, I had picked up a NEW can of spray paint while looking for stakes for those yard timbers. ;-)   A few short hours later, this is what I have! 

Not only are they more stylish but they now 'match'ish. I have even thought of finding a tinier lamp and setting them as a trio on the same table. We'll see. For now, my step son is left to ponder 'where else I am gonna put a lamp'. I guess two 'new' items is too much for him in one day.  :-)  Now, off to finish that darn basement....  

No comments:

Post a Comment