Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Kids Today

Is is just me, or does the 'Youth of America' seem to be getting a bad rap? Everyday you can catch a headline (or multiple headlines) about youth gone bad. While I could spin off into the 'presses' need to sell their papers and news shows, that's not where I am going. I am choosing a different kinda youth to 'showcase' today. A very talented young lady I know painted me a beautiful picture for my birthday this year. Her aunt (my bff) told her the colors of my liking, and that is all it took. She created a WONDERFUL masterpiece just for me. I just had to share with you.  


I just LOVE it! She didn't trace it or look at another picture for inspiration. This gal has TALENT! Oh! I guess I forgot to say...she is 14 years old and getting ready to start high school in the fall. Imagine the possibilities. I hope you enjoy this piece of art as much as I do. I feel so honored to have it in my home. As she continues on her path through life, I look forward to seeing the things she will accomplish. Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment