Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Is it Spring-y yet?!

Yea! The weather in our parts is thawing and the past few days have been BeAuTiFuL! Even on a cloudy and overcast-type-of-day, the lack of snow and wind is a welcoming of Spring to me. I have been tending to the 'bigger issues' of my life the past week or so, and I am happy to report, things are getting better. The Lenten season is a time to clear out the clutter between ourselves and God. That is what I am doing. Although it started as STRESS-filled and pain-filled, it is now a calming and soothing process. I know this is bigger than ME and I must turn it over to God. Yea God!

I did want to share a really super easy project with you. I was in need of a small shelf above my stove and I also wanted easy access to a few utensils. So, I took stock in my 'leftovers' and this is what I came up with. I painted the old wooden shelf red, a discarded cafe rod was painted black, and 'retired' forks were bent and their tines curled to hold my utensils. Mug hooks, screwed into the wood shelf on the under side, hold the cafe rod. It works great, looks unique and I have yet to see it in anyone elses home. Originality, aye?
Also, I wanted to share because you can see my 1950's fan switch there in the middle and the bottom of the fan grill at the top of the picture. We live in a "work in process" house and while all things are not perfect, our home is perfect for us! I love taking the time to do little projects that make a difference. My next meandering is turning toward our downstairs bathroom. The yucky 'sticky tile floor' needs replaced, but I want to do the ceramic tile myself. The hubby is not so sure about that, and we cannot possibly work together on that, so we will see. I hope you are enjoying your family, friends, health and home. Take care, Emily

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute project! I just did a wreath this week with old spoons - love the repurposing!

    And the shelf looks awesome!

    Thanks so much for linking up to my party! I really appreciate it!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete