Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Brain Freeze

Wow. It has been well over a month since I have blogged anything. Maybe it's because it has been so stinkin' cold lately and I can't spray paint anything... A few weeks back, I had about enough of this cabin fever and I grabbed a chair and the paint brush. Soon after, I remembered WHY I like spray paint and WHY I don't paint in the house. This chair is special to me. When I was expecting my {unexpected} third child, my friends and I were strolling around downtown after lunch and I spied this cute little chair in the window of an antiques & collectables shoppe. In passing, I said how a lil chair like that would be nice to set in the bathroom, next to the bathtub. Ideally to relax in and read a book while the kids bathed. Fast forward a few weeks to the lunch my friends brought me to meet our new addition. The last gift I opened was this chair. What a unique gift, and so thoughtful too.  

So when cabin fever kicked in and the lack of sunshine started making me feel 'blue', I grabbed my can of paint, paintbrush and some odds and ends I had around the house.



I attempted to remove the seat base from the chair, but years of rust and previous paint layers hindered my not so muscular upper body. Lucky for me, I have  a wonderful woodworking friend who whipped me up a perfect circle to set on top of the chair. I covered it with batting and fabric and glued the whole thing to the seat. Perfect!

The chair, however, is now in my kitchen as the kids are loving the new-ness of it and fight over who gets to sit in it. The weather is improving and I am hoping to bust out the spray pain in the next few days. Hope you all are having a wonderful winter : )  

No comments:

Post a Comment