Monday, April 12, 2010

Out of the Closet!

Last year, our family experienced an 'unexpected' pregnancy. All our, then current, kids were happy in their bedrooms, livin' life and enjoying their birth order, when BAM! what we refered to as an ulcer, actually turned out to be a new baby boy. Yep, I was 14 1/2 weeks pregnant when we learned the news. Oy. It was a tough time, but God really does know what He is doing! With a new baby, brought lots of room swaping, painting and general dismay. My step son was relocated to my old craft room, which was completely redone by my hubby, in said child's fav college football team colors and he is quite happy in his sport-topia haven. Our four year old demanded the baby be in her room, so we did a new room for the two of them, even though the little man is still snoozing in our bedroom at night. By the time all that work was done, I just could not bring myself to paint and re-decorate the 7 y/o daughter's room. Ugh. I did purchase the paints, it just fell on the priority list. (sad I know, what ELSE could have possibly been on my mind, right!?)  So, with some nice weather and opening windows, getting the Spring cleaning bug, a year later, I started and finished her new closet. The good news is she loves it and hasn't started bugging me about the rest of her room, but I am sure it is coming! Here are the before and after pics. I never thought I could do a project like this alone, but I did. Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment